Dave’s Rib Rub Recipe
Hey there, foodies. I’m about to take you on a journey into the world of mouthwatering barbecue with Famous Dave’s Rib Rub recipe. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with the rich history, simple step-by-step instructions, and a few delectable alternatives. So, grab your apron and let’s get cooking!
History and Origin:
Famous Dave’s Rib Rub hails from the United States, where barbecue is practically a way of life. This legendary recipe traces its roots to the barbecue maestro himself, Dave Anderson, the founder of “Famous Dave’s BBQ,” a renowned chain of BBQ restaurants.
Dave's Rib Rub Recipe
- Grill or smoker
- Hardwood chips (like hickory or oak)
- Mixing bowl
- Aluminium foil
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl to create your Famous Dave's Rib Rub.
- Prep your ribs by removing the membrane from the back of the rack, and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Generously apply the rub to both sides of the ribs, pressing it in to ensure it adheres.
- Wrap the ribs in aluminum foil and let them sit in the fridge for about 2 hours to absorb the flavors.
- Preheat your grill or smoker to a low heat, around 225°F (107°C).
- Place the ribs, bone-side down, on the grill. Add hardwood chips for that smoky goodness.
- Close the lid and let them cook for 3 to 4 hours, occasionally adding more wood chips.
- Once the ribs are tender and the internal temperature reaches 190-203°F (88-95°C), they're ready to be devoured.
If you’re looking to explore more BBQ flavors, you might want to try out other famous rubs like Memphis dry rub or Kansas City BBQ rub. These regional variations will take your taste buds on a whirlwind tour of barbecue goodness.
Now that you’ve unveiled the secret of Famous Dave’s Rib Rub, it’s time to fire up that grill and put your culinary skills to the test. Share this article with your fellow food enthusiasts and embark on a barbecue adventure together.
YouTube Video Credits:
Famous Products BBQ