Citrus Candy Recipe
Delve into the vibrant world of citrusy goodness with our irresistible Citrus Candy recipe! Originating from the sun-kissed orchards of Mediterranean regions, this sweet treat has a rich history dating back centuries.
History of Citrus Candy:
Centuries ago, Mediterranean confectioners discovered the art of preserving citrus fruits in sugar, creating a delightful confection enjoyed by both nobility and commoners alike. Over time, the recipe spread worldwide, captivating taste buds with its tangy and sweet symphony.
Citrus Candy Recipe
- Cutting board and knife
- Candy thermometer
- Slotted spoon
- Parchment paper
- 2 cups of mixed citrus peel (orange, lemon, lime)
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of water
- Additional sugar for coating
- Prepare the Citrus Peel:Wash the citrus fruits thoroughly.Cut the peel into thin strips, avoiding the bitter white pith.
- Boil the Peel:In a saucepan, combine water and sugar, bringing it to a boil.Add the citrus peel and simmer until translucent.
- Candy Coating:Using a slotted spoon, transfer the peel to a parchment-lined surface to cool. Roll the cooled peel in additional sugar for a sweet exterior.
- Serve and Enjoy:Your homemade Citrus Candy is ready to be savored!
– Lemon-Lime Gummies
– Orange Zest Taffy
Frequently Asked Questions On Citrus Candy Recipe:
Q1: Can I use store-bought citrus peel?
A: While fresh peel is recommended, you can use store-bought, ensuring it’s free from additives.
Q2: How long can I store Citrus Candy?
A: Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks for optimal freshness.
Q3: Can I customize the sugar coating?
A: Experiment with colored or flavored sugars for a unique touch!
Q4: What other citrus fruits can I use?
A: Feel free to explore with grapefruit, pomelo, or even mandarin peels.
Q5: Can I make a larger batch?
A: Absolutely! Simply adjust the ingredients proportionally.
Embark on a citrusy adventure today!
YouTube Video Credits: