Key Lime Pie Recipe
Hey there! I’m excited to whip up a delicious article for your food blog about a mouthwatering No-Bake Key Lime Pie. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds and dive into the tangy and sweet world of this scrumptious dessert!
Introduction: A Slice of History
Originating from the tropical haven of Key West, Florida, the No-Bake Key Lime Pie has earned its place as a classic American dessert. With its refreshing zing and creamy texture, this pie is a delightful treat that captures the essence of summer. Whether you’re hosting a backyard BBQ or simply craving a tropical escape, this recipe is your ticket to a taste of paradise.
Key Lime Pie Recipe
- 9-inch pie dish
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer
- Zester or microplane
- Citrus juicer
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup freshly squeezed key lime juice (about 10 key limes)
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Extra key lime zest for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press this mixture firmly into the bottom of the pie dish to create the crust. Place it in the refrigerator to set while you prepare the filling.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice, key lime zest, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour the lime mixture over the crust and spread it evenly.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form. Gently spread the whipped cream over the lime filling.
- Sprinkle additional key lime zest on top for an extra burst of flavor and a pop of color.
- Chill the pie in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, allowing the flavors to meld and the pie to set.
Variations and Similar Recipes:
Looking to switch things up? Try a few variations on this classic recipe:
– Strawberry Lime Pie: Replace key limes with fresh strawberries and strawberry zest for a berrylicious twist.
– Coconut Lime Pie: Add a tropical touch by incorporating shredded coconut into the crust and coconut milk into the filling.
– Lemon Raspberry Pie: Swap out limes for lemons and top with fresh raspberries for a tangy and fruity delight.
There you have it, a delectable No-Bake Key Lime Pie that’s bursting with flavor and requires minimal effort. This dessert is perfect for those warm, lazy days when you want to treat yourself and your loved ones to a taste of the tropics. So, grab your apron, your favorite key limes, and indulge in a slice of paradise today!
Ready to embark on this culinary journey? Try out this No-Bake Key Lime Pie recipe and let your taste buds dance with delight. Share your creations with us and remember, every bite is a step closer to becoming a master in the art of dessert magic. Happy baking!
YouTube Video Credits:
Little Sweet Baker