Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
If you’re looking for a comforting, crowd-pleasing dish that will brighten up your breakfast or brunch table, look no further than this delightful Hashbrown Casserole recipe! This cheesy and creamy dish has a rich history and is loved by families across the world. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also incredibly satisfying and versatile. In this article, we’ll dive into the origins of this delicious casserole, provide you with a step-by-step guide to prepare it, list the ingredients you’ll need, and even reveal the calorie count per serving. So, let’s get cooking!
A Brief History of Hashbrown Casserole:
Hashbrown Casserole, also known as “Cheesy Potato Casserole” or “Funeral Potatoes,” is a beloved comfort food that has its roots in the Southern United States. It was first introduced by the popular American restaurant chain, Cracker Barrel, and quickly became a staple in homes and gatherings. The casserole’s simplicity and incredible taste have made it a cherished dish in potlucks, family gatherings, and holiday feasts ever since.
Hashbrown Casserole Recipe
- Large mixing bowl
- 9x13 inch baking dish
- Cooking spray
- 1 bag (30 oz) frozen shredded hashbrowns, thawed
- 1 can (10.5 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup (or cream of mushroom soup for a vegetarian option)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes or breadcrumbs (for a crispy topping)
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, combine the thawed hashbrowns, condensed cream of chicken soup, sour cream, melted butter, chopped onion, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Step 3: Grease the 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Transfer the hashbrown mixture into the baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Step 4: Sprinkle the crushed cornflakes or breadcrumbs on top of the casserole to create a crispy and golden crust.
- Step 5: Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until the top turns golden brown and the casserole is bubbly around the edges.
- Step 6: Once done, remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
If you love this Hashbrown Casserole, you might enjoy these similar recipes as well:
– Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole: A twist on the classic with crispy tater tots as the base.
– Broccoli and Cheese Casserole: A vegetarian option with the goodness of broccoli and cheesy goodness.
– Sausage and Egg Casserole: A hearty breakfast casserole perfect for feeding a crowd.
In conclusion, Hashbrown Casserole is a delightful comfort food that has a rich history and continues to be loved by food enthusiasts worldwide. It’s a breeze to prepare, and the result is a creamy, cheesy, and satisfying dish that’s perfect for any occasion.
So why not surprise your loved ones with this mouthwatering Hashbrown Casserole at your next gathering or family brunch? Give it a try, and we guarantee you’ll have empty plates and happy faces! If you enjoyed this recipe, make sure to check out our food blog for more delectable dishes and culinary inspiration. Happy cooking!
YouTube Video Credits: