M&M Cookie Recipe
In the world of delectable treats, M&M cookies hold a special place. Loved by kids and adults alike, these colorful, chewy, and chocolatey delights never fail to put a smile on our faces. Not only are they scrumptious when freshly baked, but did you know you can preserve their happiness in a jar through canning? Today, we’re sharing a delightful M&M cookie canning recipe that not only makes for a fantastic treat but also a heartwarming gift to share with loved ones. Let’s dive into the history, step-by-step instructions, ingredients, nutritional details, and more!
A Brief History of M&M Cookies:
The origin of M&M cookies can be traced back to the early 1940s when Forrest Mars Sr. sought to create a chocolate treat with a hard shell that would not melt in your hand. The result was M&M candies, which quickly became a sensation. Bakers soon discovered that incorporating these colorful candies into cookie dough would add a burst of flavor and visual appeal. Since then, M&M cookies have been a beloved classic in homes and bakeries worldwide.
M&M Cookie Recipe
- Large mixing bowl
- Electric mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- Canning jars with lids
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups M&M candies (any variety you prefer)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line the baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until smooth and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, ensuring each is well incorporated, and then add the vanilla extract.In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, stirring until a soft cookie dough forms.
- Gently fold in the M&M candies, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.Using a spoon or cookie scoop, drop rounded balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving enough space between each cookie.B
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Once baked, remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to wire racks to cool completely.
Canning the M&M Cookies:
- Once the cookies have cooled entirely, it's time to preserve their delightful flavors in canning jars.
- Follow these simple steps: Sterilize the canning jars and lids by boiling them in water for a few minutes and allowing them to dry completely.
- Carefully place the cooled cookies into the sterilized jars, leaving a bit of space at the top.Seal the jars tightly and store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
Please note that nutritional values may vary slightly based on the specific brands of ingredients used.
If you enjoyed canning M&M cookies, you might also love these delightful cookie canning ideas:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
The joy of baking M&M cookies is incomparable, and now you can extend that joy by preserving them through canning. Whether you keep them for yourself or gift them to friends and family, these colorful treats are bound to bring happiness to anyone who enjoys them. So, gather your ingredients, grab those canning jars, and get ready to create a jarful of sweet delights!
If you’re excited to try this M&M cookie canning recipe, don’t wait! Gather your ingredients and start baking. Be sure to share your delightful creations with us in the comments below. Spread the joy by sharing this recipe with your friends and family and let them experience the happiness of canned M&M cookies too! Happy baking!
Frequently Asked Questions About M&M Cookie
1. What are M&M Cookies?
Classic M&M cookies use colorful M&M chocolate candies as one of their main ingredients. With a flavor that is both sweet and buttery, the cookies are often chewy and soft.
2. Can I use any type of M&M candies in M&M Cookies?
Sure, you may use different kinds of M&M candies to modify the cookies, such as standard milk chocolate, peanut butter, or even different seasonal or specialized flavors.
3. Can I make M&M Cookies with both plain and peanut M&Ms?
Without a doubt! You can get extra texture and flavor variety by mixing plain and peanut M&Ms in the same cookie.
4. Can I use mini M&Ms in M&M Cookies?
Yes, you may achieve a smaller and more distributed candy-to-cookie ratio in M&M Cookies by using mini M&Ms. Depending on your preference, change the amount.
5. How do I prevent M&Ms from melting in the oven when baking cookies?
Before baking, you can press some of the reserved M&Ms into the tops of the cookie dough balls to keep them from melting too much. This guarantees that the baked cookies will still show the candies.
6. Can I make M&M Cookies without chilling the dough?
You can make M&M Cookies without chilling the dough if you’d like a slightly different texture, although chilling the dough helps keep the cookies from spreading too much during baking. Note that there’s a chance the cookies will spread further.
7. Can I freeze M&M Cookie dough for later use?
It is possible to freeze M&M Cookie Dough by forming it into individual balls and then putting them on a pan to freeze. Move the dough balls into a freezer bag after they have frozen. Bake the frozen dough balls as needed, extending the baking time by a few minutes.
8. What variations can I make to the basic M&M Cookie recipe?
Add-ins like coconut flakes, chopped almonds, or white chocolate chips allow you to personalize M&M Cookies. Try blending distinct flavors by experimenting with several M&M variants.
9. Can I make M&M Cookies without eggs?
Indeed, egg replacements like applesauce, yogurt, or mashed bananas can be used to make eggless M&M cookies. Remember that the texture could differ slightly.
YouTube Video Credits: