Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Recipe
Hey there, fellow food enthusiasts! Today, we’re diving into the world of flavors with a scrumptious Strawberry Rhubarb Pie recipe that’s bound to tantalize your taste buds and leave you craving for more. This classic dessert has a rich history and a delightful combination of sweet strawberries and tangy rhubarb that creates a symphony of flavors. Let’s embark on this culinary adventure together and create a pie that will become the star of your dessert table.
A Brief History of Strawberry Rhubarb Pie:
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie’s roots can be traced back to early American settlers, who combined the sweetness of ripe strawberries with the tartness of rhubarb to create a truly irresistible dessert. Over the years, this pie has become a beloved treat, especially during the warmer months when strawberries are in abundance. Its timeless appeal lies in the perfect balance between sweet and tangy, making it a staple at picnics, gatherings, and family celebrations.
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Recipe
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Rolling Pin
- Pie dish
- Pastry brush
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 cups fresh rhubarb, diced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (9 inches) refrigerated pie crusts (or homemade if you prefer)
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sliced strawberries, diced rhubarb, sugar, cornstarch, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon. Gently toss the mixture until the fruit is evenly coated.
- Roll out one pie crust and gently press it into your pie dish, ensuring it covers the bottom and sides.
- Pour the strawberry-rhubarb filling into the pie crust, spreading it out evenly.
- Roll out the second pie crust and place it over the filling. You can create a lattice pattern or simply cover the pie and cut a few slits to allow steam to escape.
- Trim any excess crust hanging over the edges and crimp the edges to seal the pie.
- Brush the top crust with the beaten egg, which will give the pie a beautiful golden color while baking.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet to catch any potential drips, and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Once baked, remove the pie from the oven and allow it to cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
Similar Recipes to Explore:
– Classic Blueberry Pie: Dive into a sea of juicy blueberries encased in a buttery, flaky crust.
– Peach and Raspberry Galette: A rustic and elegant dessert featuring the delightful pairing of ripe peaches and tangy raspberries.
Indulge in the goodness of our Strawberry Rhubarb Pie, a dessert that’s steeped in history and bursting with vibrant flavors. Whether you’re sharing it at a picnic, a family dinner, or a cozy night in, this pie is sure to delight your senses and create lasting memories. So, put on your apron and get ready to create a masterpiece that will have everyone asking for seconds!
Remember, creativity knows no bounds in the kitchen. Feel free to experiment with different fruit combinations or add a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra treat. Don’t hesitate—let your culinary journey begin! Happy baking and bon appétit!
YouTube Video Credits: