Fresh Blackberry Pie Recipe
Hey there, fellow food enthusiasts! Today, I’ve got a treat for you that’s as delightful to bake as it is to eat – the luscious Fresh Blackberry Pie. This classic dessert is a true celebration of summer’s bounty, combining the natural sweetness of fresh blackberries with the comforting warmth of a homemade pie crust. Get ready to indulge in a burst of flavors that’ll leave you craving for more!
A Slice of History:
The origins of blackberry pie date back centuries ago, when the delicious combination of juicy blackberries and buttery pastry crusts became a beloved staple in kitchens across the globe. This recipe has stood the test of time, evolving over generations to bring us the perfect balance of fruity goodness and scrumptious crust.
Fresh Blackberry Pie Recipe
- Mixing bowls
- Pastry cutter or fingertips
- Rolling Pin
- 9-inch pie dish
- Baking sheet
For the Crust:
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6-8 tablespoons ice water
For the Filling:
- 4 cups fresh blackberries, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest of one lemon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Prepare the Crust: In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add in the cold, cubed butter and work it into the flour using a pastry cutter or your fingertips until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add ice water, one tablespoon at a time, and mix until the dough comes together. Divide the dough into two equal parts, shape into discs, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Prep the Filling: In a separate bowl, gently toss the fresh blackberries with granulated sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, cornstarch, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
- Let the mixture sit for about 15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Roll Out the Crust: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Roll out one of the dough discs on a floured surface to fit a 9-inch pie dish.
- Carefully place the rolled-out dough into the dish, pressing it gently to fit the edges.
- Add the Filling: Pour the blackberry filling into the pie crust, spreading it out evenly.
- Top It Off: Roll out the second dough disc and create a lattice or full crust for the top. Seal and crimp the edges to encase the filling.
- Bake to Perfection: Place the pie on a baking sheet to catch any drips. Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
More Berrylicious Ideas:
If you’re loving the berry vibes, here are a couple more recipes to tickle your taste buds:
– Blueberry Delight Parfait: A layered dessert combining blueberries, yogurt, and granola for a refreshing treat.
– Raspberry Almond Tart: A nutty, crumbly tart crust filled with vibrant raspberry goodness.
Time to Dig In!
Fresh out of the oven, your Fresh Blackberry Pie is a masterpiece of fruity sweetness and flaky goodness. Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the ultimate dessert experience. Don’t wait too long – this pie is so irresistible; it might just disappear faster than you think!
Remember, the joy of baking lies in creativity, so feel free to experiment with different berries or even a mix of them. Bon appétit! Hungry for more delectable recipes? Visit allspiceblog.com for a plethora of mouthwatering dishes that’ll keep your taste buds dancing. And don’t forget to share your culinary creations with us.
YouTube Video Credits:
The Sweetest Journey
Frequently Asked Questions About Fresh Blackberry Pie
1. What is Fresh Blackberry Pie?
Fresh Blackberry Pie is a delectable dessert known for its flaky crust and a filling made with ripe blackberries, resulting in a sweet and tangy flavor.
2. Can I use frozen blackberries for this pie?
Yes, frozen blackberries can serve as a substitute for fresh ones in Fresh Blackberry Pie, though the texture may vary slightly.
3. Are there variations of Fresh Blackberry Pie recipes?
Certainly, explore variations in crust types, sweetness levels, or additional ingredients like spices to customize your Fresh Blackberry Pie.
4. Can I mix blackberries with other berries in this pie?
Absolutely, combining blackberries with other berries such as raspberries or blueberries can create a flavorful medley in Fresh Blackberry Pie.
5. How do I prevent a soggy crust in Fresh Blackberry Pie?
To prevent a soggy crust, consider pre-baking the pie crust or brushing it with a thin layer of melted chocolate before adding the filling.
6. What’s the ideal thickness for the blackberry filling?
The ideal thickness is a generous amount of blackberry filling, ensuring a flavorful and juicy pie without overwhelming the crust.
7. Can I use a lattice crust for Fresh Blackberry Pie?
Yes, a lattice crust is a popular and visually appealing option for Fresh Blackberry Pie, allowing the vibrant filling to peek through.
8. How long does it take to bake Fresh Blackberry Pie?
Baking times may vary, but generally, Fresh Blackberry Pie requires about 40-50 minutes until the crust is golden brown, and the filling is bubbling.