Crumb Cake Recipe
Get ready for a delightful journey into the world of crumb cake! This sweet treat has a rich history, hailing from Germany and making its way into the hearts of dessert lovers worldwide. Join me as we explore the origins, dive into the step-by-step preparation, and savor the tempting taste of homemade crumb cake.
History of Crumb Cake:
Crumb cake, or “Streuselkuchen” as the Germans call it, has roots dating back to the 17th century. Originating in Germany, this delectable dessert quickly became a staple in various European countries before crossing the Atlantic to captivate taste buds globally.
Crumb Cake Recipe
- Mixing bowls
- Cake pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
The Crumb Topping: For the irresistible crumb topping, mix:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
Sprinkle this heavenly mixture over the batter.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the buttermilk and vanilla extract until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake and Serve: Pop it into the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow it to cool before serving.
For those craving variety, consider trying these delightful alternatives:
– Blueberry Crumb Cake
– Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake
– Apple Cider Crumb Muffins
There you have it, a journey into the heart of crumb cake perfection! Now, roll up your sleeves, preheat that oven, and let the aroma of baking lead you to a slice of heaven.
YouTube Video Credits: