Stuffed Shells Recipe
Hi there foodies, if you’re a fan of delightful and comforting Italian cuisine, you’re in for a treat! Today, we’re diving into the world of stuffed shells recipe, a dish that warms the heart and tantalizes the taste buds. Originating from the heart of Italy, this recipe has found its way into kitchens worldwide, offering a perfect blend of flavors and textures. Let’s dive deeper to learn more about this delightful recipe.
A Brief History of Stuffed Shells:
Stuffed shells, or “Conchiglioni Ripieni,” as they’re known in Italy, have a rich history dating back to the southern regions of the country. This classic dish embodies the essence of Italian home cooking, where meals celebrate love, family, and community.
Stuffed Shells Recipe
- Large pot for boiling pasta
- Mixing bowl
- Baking dish
- 1 box of jumbo pasta shells
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- Boil the jumbo pasta shells according to the package instructions. Make sure they're al dente to hold the filling well.
- In a bowl, mix ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, parsley, salt, and pepper. This creamy blend will be the soul of your stuffed shells.
- Carefully fill each shell with the cheesy mixture. Don't be shy; pack them generously!
- Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce on the baking dish. Place the stuffed shells on top and cover them with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle extra mozzarella for that gooey goodness.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
For those who love stuffed shells, you might also enjoy trying spinach and ricotta stuffed manicotti or classic lasagna. These dishes share the same comforting Italian flavors.
Frequently Asked Questions About Stuffed Shells Recipe:
1. Can I use different types of cheese for this recipe?
You can! Feel free to experiment with your favorite cheeses to suit your taste.
2. Can I make stuffed shells ahead of time?
Prepare the shells and refrigerate. Bake when ready to serve. That’s all.
3. How do I store leftovers?
You can store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
4. Can I use homemade marinara sauce?
Yes! Homemade sauce adds a personal touch to the recipe. So, go ahead.
5. How can I make it gluten-free?
Choose gluten-free pasta shells for a Celiac-friendly option.
6. Can I use a different pasta shape?
You can experiment with other large pasta shapes if you want. You’re the chef.
7. How can I make it spicy?
Add crushed red pepper flakes to the filling or sauce for a kick.
Ready to embark on a culinary adventure? Gather your ingredients, embrace the spirit of Italy, and let your kitchen be filled with the aroma of these heavenly stuffed shells.
YouTube Video Credits: